Lingering light...
I am supposed to be writing a paper for my masters class - "educational research"...but I would much rather linger like the sun does at this time of day. I sit at my desk gazing out the window that faces due west -- the sun rests just above the backyard fence and gleams through the leaves of the trees.
We've eaten, I've taken my son to youth group, my husband and youngest son play their computer games...and I linger -- it's not procrastinating, I tell myself. It's holding onto my favorite time of the day, or at least my favorite time right now because sometimes early mornings before everyone is up are my favorite :) I have the Monterrey otter cam in a small screen view to the left of this screen as I write -- the otters are lingering too -- gently grooming and stretching out on their cement bank in the evening coolness, slowly slipping into the water to swim. The Dodgers linger, holding onto a 2-run lead over the Astros, and my husband and I glance up from our places to catch a play together. And Shadow, our lab, lingers...by the kitchen door hoping that I'll give her a treat when I go in to refill my coffee.
It's a peaceful summer evening...and truth be told, yes, I'm procrastinating...but the paper will get written and I'm not worried.
By the way, for those who have been praying -- apart from three small scars down the middle of my face, I am fine after my fall three weeks ago! The CT scan came back fine and because I've watched so many beauty makeover shows through the years, I'm doing pretty well at camouflaging the marks
~Laurie
No comments:
Post a Comment